On Tuesday 21st May, our fundraising appeal was launched to Members of The Epiphany Trust. The Chair of the Trust, Revd Leslie Attwood, spoke to Members after a service held in the beautiful and inspiring chapel at Epiphany House. As the evening sunlight streamed in through the window, Revd Attwood spoke of the meaning the House has for people, the facilities and services it offers, and its place in the life of the Church and the wider community.
A growing need
Many people value the House as a meeting place, as a significant historic building and as a ‘thin place’ saturated in years of prayer with a distinctive ‘otherness’ which is apparent to those who visit. We are delighted when people report that ‘We make good decisions here’, and tell of encounters with God – and even ‘Epiphany moments’ which can lead to life-changing transformation and renewal.
We seek to offer exemplary Christian hospitality to all those who come, whether they are seeking retreat space or come for business. The need for our facilities is growing rapidly – it’s exciting to see how we are growing – but we are turning away people who would benefit from coming because we do not have enough meeting rooms or accessible accommodation. In addition to these needs we also want to be good stewards of our physical heritage by restoring historically important features of the building, and to be good stewards of the ‘sacred space’ by continuing our rhythm of prayer and worship. You can read more about our building plans in this news article.
A successful start to the campaign
We don’t receive any external funding so we’re seeking to raise funds for the work from grants and donations. We need to raise £1.5 million in order to carry out all of our plans. It’s a big ask, but our generous Members have already kick-started our public fundraising with donations totalling more than £6,000, in addition to a grant from All Churches Trust and donations from Old Truronians which brings our fundraising total so far to almost £21,000. We will be carrying out building works as funds allow.
Can you help us to help more people?
There are many ways that you can support us – here are a few ideas:
- Make a donation today to our building fund! Donate online via give.net, run by Stewardship, to The Epiphany Trust (Truro) Ltd: https://www.give.net/20207104 or send a cheque made payable to Epiphany House, to us at Epiphany House, Truro, TR1 3DR.
- Consider making us part of your regular giving by setting up a monthly direct debit or standing order – please contact us for details.
- Fundraising — perhaps you like baking, or organising events, or are looking for a good reason to do something adventurous…
- Pray for the House and for our ministry.
- Tell other people about what we do and raise awareness of our mission and our plans.
If you’d like to contribute in any of these ways, or have any other suggestions, we’d love to hear from you — come to the office or get in touch with us at email@example.com or 01872 272249.