People seek this ministry at different times in their lives and for various reasons. It can be a way:
- to make better sense of one’s faith journey,
- to find clarity and support at times of significant life choices,
- to respond more deeply to God’s presence, perhaps by exploring new ways of prayer and meditation,
- to discover together the cause of problems or blockages in one’s spiritual life,
- to work through a particular spiritual issue.
The relationship is different in each case, as we are all different and have different needs. You can discuss your deepest thoughts and fears, about anything, aware the conversation is safe between you, God and your companion.
There are links to further information about Spiritual Direction, including some advice when finding a spiritual director, on the website of the Association for Promoting Retreats (link opens in a new page).
You may wish to incorporate a session of spiritual direction if you are visiting the house on a personal retreat. For more details or to book please contact: email@example.com.
Find a Spiritual Director
Truro Diocese holds a List of Spiritual Directors. The List is being administered by Epiphany House and a small team of experienced directors who welcome applications from directors from any Christian denomination. The team also co-ordinate referrals for spiritual direction, so if you are looking for a spiritual director or you are a spiritual director wishing to be on the Diocesan List please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or download a form from the Diocesan Website at https://www.trurodiocese.org.uk/resources/ministry/spiritual-direction/