People seek this ministry at different times in their lives and for various reasons. It can be a way:
- to make better sense of one’s faith journey,
- to find clarity and support at times of significant life choices,
- to respond more deeply to God’s presence, perhaps by exploring new ways of prayer and meditation,
- to discover together the cause of problems or blockages in one’s spiritual life,
- to work through a particular spiritual issue.
The relationship is different in each case, as we are all different and have different needs. You can discuss your deepest thoughts and fears, about anything, aware the conversation is safe between you, God and your companion.
There are links to further information about Spiritual Direction, including some advice when finding a spiritual director, on the website of the Association for Promoting Retreats (link opens in a new page).
You may wish to incorporate a session of spiritual direction if you are visiting the house on a personal retreat. Some of our spiritual directors are also available for longer-term, regular spiritual direction. Please contact us for more details: email@example.com.
Find a Spiritual Director
Epiphany House has links with a local network of spiritual directors in Cornwall. If you are looking to receive spiritual direction or seeking information about training as a spiritual director, please get in touch.